A chiropractor’s first concern is to find out what is wrong. We will also check for signs of any serious conditions for which you would need to go to your GP or to hospital.
What can I expect?
- Initial appointment allow 45-60 minutes.
- Follow up appointments allow 15-30 minutes.
- For the initial examination and follow up visits patients undress to their underwear. Ladies are given a clinic gown.
- Depending on your condition you will be given routine orthopaedic, neurological and physical examinations.
- Depending on your condition you may be x-rayed or referred for MRI imaging to help with the diagnosis.
- Before any treatment is given we will sit down and discuss with you the examination findings. We will also discuss with you all of your treatment options, the rationale behind these treatment options, possible adverse reactions and expected benefits. If indicated, treatment options discussed would also involve any possible referrals to other clinicians.
- Response to treatment is continuously monitored.
- If permission is given, a report of findings will be sent to your GP. After a short time a follow up progress report will also be sent.
- Treatments are based on the needs of the patient. Treatments may include manipulation or mobilisation, soft-tissue massage and exercise. Exercise may be prescribed by the chiropractor or you may be given the option of seeing our in house exercise specialist.
- If you are seeing our exercise specialist for rehab exercises you will be advised to wear appropriate clothing and footwear to help with your session e.g. shorts, t-shirt and trainers.
- Exercise is usually necessary as part of the rehabilitation and preventative process at Solihull Chiropractic Clinic in the West Midlands.