Exercise and Pilates at Solihull Chiropractic Clinic
We are now working closely with exercise therapists who complement our chiropractic treatment and maximise the potential outcome for our patients.
Megan, Danni and Kirsty and our chiropractors have been involved in the development of an exercise programme to improve the strength and fitness of patients with chronic or recurrent back pain.
The following is a summary of the conditions that exercise may help:
- Spinal Rehabilitation: back/neck, restoring function and return to sport after pain or injury.
- Peripheral Joint Pain: shoulder, hip and knee.
- Rehabilitation following surgery.
- Pilates: pain, restore function, fitness.
- Specific sports training with Pilates: cycling, triathlons, skiing, tennis, running etc.
Pilates is a system of structured exercises that was developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates. Pilates is very popular in many countries, worldwide. Pilates is a whole body conditioning routine that may help build flexibility, muscle strength and muscle endurance in the abdominals, legs, hips and back. It puts emphasis on proper spinal and pelvic alignment, good breathing patterns, development of strong core stability, and improving coordination and balance.
The Pilates' system allows for different exercises levels ranging in levels of difficulty from beginners to advanced level. Intensity can be increased over time as the body conditions, strengthens and adapts to the exercises.