A chiropractor’s first concern is to find out what is wrong. We will also check for signs of any serious conditions for which you would need to go to your GP or to hospital.
- Our initial assessment helps to identify problem areas and biomechanical imbalances in order to produce a working diagnosis and formulate a treatment plan.
- Our chiropractors and visiting specialists treat a wide variety of injuries and problems using many different techniques. A range of tests can help to locate the source of the problem and implement the appropriate treatment strategy.
Chiropractic is a primary health-care profession, so you do not need to be referred by your doctor. A chiropractor is trained to diagnose your problem and will refer you to another health-care practitioner if necessary.
Chiropractors treat problems with joints, bones and muscles, and the effects they have on the nervous system. Working on all the joints of the body, concentrating particularly on the spine, they use their hands to make often gentle, specific adjustments (the chiropractic word for manipulation) to improve the efficiency of the nervous system and release the body's natural healing ability.
- In many cases, identifying the causes and pre-disposing factors can help to reduce the risk of the same injury happening again. Identifying factors such as poor posture, improper techniques, muscle imbalances and poor work practice will allow interventions to be made to correct them.
- Our team can help to get you back to work or sport quickly by providing progressive rehabilitation programmes and giving preventative advice.
- The chiropractors at Solihull Chiropractic Clinic are recognised by all MAJOR HEALTH INSURANCE GROUPS including BUPA. It is advisable to check your policy prior to your initial assessment as every policy has different requirements.
- It is necessary that you provide us with a claim number before commencing treatment should you wish us to claim directly from your insurance company.